Everyone wants fresh-looking and beautiful skin, but how can you achieve it without spending a fortune on treatments and products? Is there an easy way?
Yes, there is! We explain how you can enhance your complexion simply, so read on to know how to drink your way to beautiful skin!
Hydration Is Key
When you’re dehydrated, your skin may appear dull, and fine lines and wrinkles can be more visible. You may also suffer from dark circles under the eyes and a sunken look to your face.
That’s why it’s so important to keep hydrated to boost your complexion and overall health — staying hydrated enhances energy levels, improves brain function and, in fact, aids all the systems in the body.
And if you’re wondering how much water to drink for good skin, the recommendations are around 15.5 cups (3.7 litres) of fluid per day for men and around 11.5 cups (2.7 litres) of fluids a day for women.
Tea for Good Skin
Life would be pretty dull if the only healthy drink was water! So you’ll be pleased to know that there are other beverages that help freshen the complexion.
And one of the most effective is the humble cup of tea! The first thing to know about tea is that it’s packed with antioxidants. These substances are at the frontline in fighting off free radicals, which are unstable atoms or molecules that can harm the body’s cells, such as the skin cells. Damage to the skin cells can trigger premature aging and other issues.
You can also opt for tea containing herbal ingredients that have a healing and enhancing effect on your complexion.
Our Fresh Face Complexion Tea is exactly that — a blend of plant-based ingredients known for their healing, soothing, and brightening effects.
Let’s take a look at each of these ingredients and find out more about their unique roles in nourishing your skin:
- Alfalfa — Bursting with vitamins and minerals, this herb is renowned for its antioxidant effects to help protect the skin from damage.
- Burdock root — This vegetable has been used in traditional medicine for a variety of uses for thousands of years. It’s effective for skin health as its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help conditions like eczema and acne.
- Calendula petals — Calendula is a natural antioxidant. It is also known for its healing, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial qualities, making it great if you are prone to skin infections.
- Lemon myrtle — This healing plant loaded with vitamins and minerals is known to help skin infections like molluscum contagiosum and conditions such as acne.
- Licorice root — Another powerful plant with antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties, licorice root calms inflamed and infected skin.
- Milk thistle — Soothing milk thistle is believed to help a range of health conditions linked to inflammation, including acne.
- Nettle leaf — Once nettle is processed, it can no longer sting. Instead, it offers a myriad of health benefits, including soothing inflamed skin and healing burns.
- Orange peel — Orange peel is rich in vitamin C, which is known for its antioxidant and skin-brightening effects.
- Peppermint — You may know peppermint as a digestive aid, but it’s also great for fighting bacterial skin infections.
The Easy Way to a Fresh Complexion
Sometimes less is more. Simply monitoring your fluid intake and increasing it if necessary can be enough to boost your skin.
And you can make boosting your complexion a pleasure by indulging in a cup of our Fresh Face Complexion Tea. Sit back, relax, and let its nourishing ingredients work their magic!